Excessive Oil Use

I have a 2018 Grandland X 1.2 ltr and now finding that it is using excessive oil.

I had a cambelt change 11 months ago costing £2066.00 paid for by Vauxhall since then it maybe coincidental but the engine oil use has become an issue.

Since my last service including engine oil and filter the car has done 1400 miles and my low oil light is coming on.

Since the major repair 11 months ago the vehicle has done 5697 and Im on my third gallon of oil.

Diognostic checks showed no issued so now have to drive the car for 600 miles and take it back for re assessment to the main dealers.

Just wondering is anyone else having excessive oil use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have recently purchased a 2018 Crossland with 54000 miles seems high oil usage. 3000 miles no light came on dipped the oil, not showing on dipstick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, did anyone get anywhere on this?

I have a Vauxhall Crossland X (18 reg) and have had a p0420 code for a while, have had various things replaced including cat converter, sensors, spark plugs etc. Last thing we had done was the cam belt (which I am told is a wet belt) as it needed doing. Since this though the car has been drinking oil, as in a whole tank full in the last 1500 miles. The mechanic has suggested it could be piston rings. 

Just wondered if anyone managed to get answers? 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

My 2019 Crossland (53,000 miles) has had similar issues, engine lights on, oil level down and displaying P0420 code which Haldords said I need to change the catalytic converter and oxygen sensors. Will that solve the problem? Should I take it to Vauxhal and ask for the wet timing belt to be changed?

Edited by Rosa

On 4/8/2024 at 3:11 PM, Alun Nicholas said:

I have a similar problem with my 2019 Crossland X. It has done 35000 miles and a possible new engine has been suggested. This can`t be right

Hello, has the problem been resolved?