Hello to all. New here, but problems!!

Hello 

I’ve had a 2019 Vivaro from 6k, 3 years ago and been problem free until about 8 months ago. Adblue injector needed replacing so got that done. But since then had problems with DPF. The DPF dash light keeps coming on in orange then goes out after it regenerates itself. The trouble is it’s doing it quite often. Also I don’t tend to drive a great distance, probably 10-15 miles per trip. I had it cleaned recently and the light came back on within 250 miles. (31k atm) I gave it a run up the motorway for 30 mins and was ok again.
A couple of questions are.

What sort of mpg should be getting? I’m averaging 36mpg since I’ve had it but reading the official figure it says should be 50mpg combined. 

Also my start /stop very rarely works. I don’t know weather that has anything to do with anything, 

TIA 

Steve

Hi Steve....welcome to the Clubto

I would advise taking the van on longer trips if you can as this can (and will over time) blocked the DPF and can be expensive to resolve.
Much cheaper taking it for a good long blast as often as possible.

MPG should then also improve and other issues like depleted battery charge from running short distances can also lead to other faults such as stop/start not working due to low battery power/charge condition.