Bluetooth problem

PJL

Hi, hope someone can help. 

I have recently bought a Vauxhall Meriva 2015 1.4 SE automatic petrol which by the way I am very pleased with. 

My little niggle is connecting my phone via Bluetooth. I just have the basic FM radio (not infotainment) and when trying to pair my (or my wife’s) iPhone, there is no option on the configuration menu to do so. 

The only settings are radio settings, vehicle settings, comfort settings etc. 

There is no option for a phone and also the phone can’t ‘find’ a Bluetooth connection when searching. 

Hi PJL, we have the 2013 Meriva and expected Bluetooth but it is not present on our model. There is a 'Phone' option on the control module but, similarly, not Bluetooth device to connect to or option in the controls.

I purchased the below USB/3.5mm dongle from Amazon for £12 and it works great. Plugs in low in the console towards the gearstick and plugs into the Aux 3.5mm jack. After pairing your phone once, just press the 'Aux' button to switch to your phone for music or calls.

Hope this works for you.

UGREEN Bluetooth Aux Adapter, Car Aux Bluetooth 5.3 Receiver USB Audio Adaptor with 3.5mm Jack for Car or Home Stereo Music Streaming Built-in Microphone Plug and Play Auto on Handsfree Car Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Ugreen Btooth.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Tezza. 
Thanks for your reply, it’s my first post on here so really happy for your help. 
It sounds like you’ve come up with a great solution which I’m definitely going to go with. 
It seems weird that the car is equipped with Bluetooth speakers etc but no provision on radio. 
So thanks again mate.