Car locked itself today

We've all been hearing about EVs locking people in/out....well, it happened today, the battery in the missus Astra 1.4 turbo SRI estate (2016), needed a start, so, clipped it on, got hers started and then I had to close the door to get passed..as the door closed I heard a clunk, the car had locked itself with the children in it and the engine running....no lock to put a key into, tried the remotes...neither would unlock it. Luckily, our 9 year old daughter was with us, her mum got her to get out of her seat belt, clamber across the drivers seat and push the unlock button on the drivers side. Now, if that had been next week, it would only have been our 3 year old son and he can not get out of his car seat, so the only alternative would have been to smash the window. I'm beyond angry that it's possible for that to happen.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Was it reported to Vauxhall and what was the outcome? There have been no recalls, so it can't be a fault with all of them, unless no one has come across that problem or not enough people have told vauxhall.